Every vegetable needs different grilling time; so to make grilling easier for you, I am giving you the list of vegetables and their grilling time.
10 minutes for:
- Carrots, small whole, partially cooked, i.e. cook it in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes before grilling.
- Cherry tomatoes, whole
- Mushrooms, whole
- Onions, cut into 1-inch slices
- Potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges, partially cooked
15 minutes for:
- Bell peppers cut into 1- inch strips
- Eggplant, cut into ¾- inch slices
- Green beans, whole
- Patty pan squash, whole
- Zucchini, cut into ¾-inch pieces
20 minutes for:
- Asparagus spears, whole
- Broccoli spear, cut in lengthwise in half
- Cauliflowers cut in lengthwise in half
- Corn on the cob, husked and wrapped in aluminum foil if desired
It’s very easy as all you need is a fresh herb that can enhance food’s flavor.
- Olive Oil should be 8 tablespoons
- Garlic oil 8 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of any herb or a combination like, tarragon, dill rosemary, thyme, marjoram, oregano, or basil, all mixed together. You can use any herb available, but it should be fresh.
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper should be freshly ground
Mix oils, herbs, salt and pepper, then apply it to the vegetables with a brush. Leave it for two hours; in case of meat leave it for longer or overnight, refrigerating it. You can use the left over marinade while grilling. This marinade can be used for vegetables, beef, poultry and fish. You can marinate 2 to 3 pounds with it. If you don’t like garlic oil then use only olive oil.
You can make garlic oil and store it for later use. See, below how you can make it at home.
- One cup of olive oil.
- 5 cloves of garlic that should be peeled
First of all you need to shred the cloves with knife, then take oil in a jar and put garlic in it, refrigerating this oil by covering properly. You can use it within two weeks; but make it at least two or three days before grilling the food.
- Always marinate food in a non-metal dish.
- Acid marinades such as those with lemon juice and vinegar can react with some metals. like aluminum and causes off flavors in the food.
- Over marinating cause mushy texture in the meat.
There are more grilling tips that will help you while grilling.